High School

Being a senior or just being in high school is hard. Especially when you are a Christian that is following Him. I think like most young people you want to fit in but as a Christian it might be hard trying to fit in with this world. The world view of things are totally different from God's. I sometimes think to myself do I want to fit in this world or with God. I know that living in this world I can get addicted to it. I can fall in love with all the shoes, clothes, and boys. I'm a girl so I guess it would be human nature for me to want those things. But as I get older and have a relationship with God, all I want is Him. I see so many girls in my school who are just giving themselves to boys. So many of them go from boys to boys. Having sex and kissing each other. I use to want that because I wanted that love (at least I thought that was love). For someone to hold me. I see now that is not what life is and that is not the kind of love I want. I want to be love like it says in 1 Corinthians 13:4-5:
4Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.


I thought love was all about the moment you seen a guy and base on his looks, your heart goes crazy. I thought that at times it keep you being reminded of what you did wrong, hurt, a feeling inside, maybe a guy would go up your head( because you did something to deserve it). I know it might sound crazy but when you are surrounded around that, in your mind that is love. I see this verse and I continue to have a relationship with God I know know what love is. I see these girls at my school and I like these girls were just like me. I want to tell them about this wonderful God. To tell them about love. I pray to God that he will give me the opportunity to witness to these young ladies. I want to talk to them and share the good news with them.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Godly Women From the Past (Gladys Aylward Part 2)

Journal Entry #14 - Free me up, from the Fear of Rejection

Malawi Mission Trip 2016