Father's Day

Today is Father's Day and I want to say Happy Father's Day to all the dad's out there. I can't say that to my dad (well at least not face to face), my dad died when I was eight years old of prostate cancer. I remember that day and I don't think I will ever forget it no matter how hard I try to erase the memory of losing my dad. One thing I don't understand is "why did my dad died so young"? I wish I knew the answer. There is one thought that came to mind and that is if my dad would not have died would I have prayed to God almost every night? I really do miss my dad and I wish I could tell him I love him but I can't.

Now that I accepted the Lord Jesus Christ in my life, I want to have God as my Father. I pray to him and ask can we have a father and daughter relationship? I pray that we can. I really want to walk with God to places, like I see other girls with their dads at stores. It might seem weird but I want to have a father I can talk to about life and other things. I want God the Father as my father and want to be is daughter. I love to walk with HIM everywhere. Just me and Him.



I want to tell my Father, that I love HIM and that without him I am lost. I pray that I will be faithful and obedient. I never knew a God like mines could make me happy, be my helper, deliver, provider, resting place, my rock, my shield, and SO MUCH MORE. I am thankful that YOU draw me nearer to you. Now I know what life is. Thanks Father. I LOVE YOU.

Comments

Jenn said…
Sis, this is a beautiful entry. Praise God. You encouraged me forreal.

Popular posts from this blog

Godly Women From the Past (Gladys Aylward Part 2)

Journal Entry #14 - Free me up, from the Fear of Rejection

Malawi Mission Trip 2016