Women of Excellence

I read about the "Women of Excellence" in this small book that I recently got, by Cynthia Healrd and it was such an eye opener to what a women of excellence is. The first time I can remember hearing that word was in the beginning of the school year. I did not know what it meant but I wanted to know the true meaning a women of excellence. I love how this small book broke it down about the women of excellence. Healrd first look at the word excel which means to "surpass, transcend, exceed". "The Greek word translated "excellent" in the New Testament comes from diahero, which literally means "transport” or "differ", "best", "the highest and best". She also talks to about the different synonyms for a woman of excellence:
  • "A women of strength-- worth, braver, capability" Ruth 3:11
  • "A virtuous and worthy wife-earnest and strong in character" Proverbs 12:4
  • "A capable, intelligent and virtuous woman" Proverbs 31:10
I could not wait to read more so I could get a better understanding of a woman of excellence. Healrd talked about the qualities of pursuing to become a woman of excellence.
Women Of Excellence:
  1. Knowing God Intimately
  2. Becoming Excellent
  3. Abiding in Christ
  4. Surrender
  5. Obedience
  6. Discipline
  7. Discretion
  8. A Gentle and Quiet Spirit
  9. Holiness
  10. Wisdom
  11. Taking Responsibility
I look at this list and I just can't stop thinking about a woman of excellence. I know that half, maybe all I just can't do by myself and become that woman. But reading this booklet I know only by his grace, I will become a woman of excellence and I know that will be a progress. But I am ready for God to just lead me and teach me. Help me to become all he wants me to be.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Godly Women From the Past (Gladys Aylward Part 2)

Journal Entry #21 My fear...

Journal Entry #14 - Free me up, from the Fear of Rejection