Godly and Unholy Fear

I went to Starbucks yesterday and did my study on Godly fear and Unholy fear and learn so much. I am so glad I did this study because I been trying to figure out what it meant to fear God. I was confuse about it, I thought it was to fear him like "I'm scared that God is going to hunt me down and kill me if I did not get my life on track" or something close to that. I learn that fear is describe as hatred of evil (Proverbs 8:13), a fountain of life (Proverbs 14:27). Fear is necessary to avoid sin ( Exodus 20:20). I even learn that people who have fear of God, are accepted of God (Acts 10:35) , receive mercy from God (Psalm 103: 11,17 Luke 1:50), they are blessed (Psalm 112:1, 115:13), confide in God (Psalm 115:11, Proverbs 16:6), depart from evil (Proverb 16:6), should not fear man (Isaiah 8:12,13, Matthew 10:28). I even come to realized that the fear of God should be prayed for (Psalm 86:11- Teach me your way, O LORD, and I will walk in your truth; give me an undivided heart, that I may fear your name.) I have decide to use that verse to mediate and to memorize for the next three weeks. The unholy fear is a characteristic of the wicked (Revelation 2:18). It is describe as fear of idols (2 Kings 17:38), fear of man ( 1 Samuel 15:24, John 9:22). Because of our unholy fear and not listening to God, He is will mock us (Proverbs 1:26- I in turn will laugh at your disaster; I will mock when calamity overtakes you). I really love that I am doing these studies in my Bible, because I want to understand a lot of things I just don't understand. I want to know what it means to fear God, diligence, fasting, waiting upon God, prudence and so much more, I pray to God that I grow in my understanding and continue to seek God's face.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Godly Women From the Past (Gladys Aylward Part 2)

Journal Entry #14 - Free me up, from the Fear of Rejection

Malawi Mission Trip 2016