Beauty

What is beauty? Is it blue eyes? Is it tall and skinny? Do you have to have long hair? Do you have to be a size zero? It is something physical or invisible? I was thinking of this question when I was at a women bible study this past week as we were talking about beauty. It is such a good topic and so many people struggle with the concept of beauty. For me I thought beauty was to have the perfect face, to be tall, and have really long hair. I even thought it was something that was easily seen. As I grown I a Christian I realize that what the world think is beauty is different from the way my Father see's beauty. I have come to notice that beauty is seen in someone (the way they listen and do things for you). It is my Father creation that is beauty (animals, flowers, people, tree's rivers etc.). What really trip me up was that beauty is invisible. I say that because for Jesus Christ when I think of Him, he is beautiful and I can't see Him. It is something about my Lord that I find beautiful. I wish my sisters and brother in Christ would see that what the world view of beauty is not how Our Father sees beauty. I wish we could all stop trying to be like the models of TV, when I look at the women of TV, I see that what they have won’t last. I don't see anything wrong with dress up but I find there is a problem when we become obsess with beauty. I think people need to change their view of beauty.

Beauty is not always of the outward appearance. It is something that is inside of our heart.

1 Peter 3:3-4
Do not let your adornment be merely outward—arranging the hair, wearing gold, or putting on fine apparel— rather let it be the hidden person of the heart, with the incorruptible beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is very precious in the sight of God.

Comments

Otis said…
I really enjoyed this post. True beauty comes from within, it isn't just in how you outwardly appear.

Popular posts from this blog

Godly Women From the Past (Gladys Aylward Part 2)

Journal Entry #21 My fear...

Journal Entry #14 - Free me up, from the Fear of Rejection