Spiritual Emphasis Week

One thing that I can honesty say that I love about the college I go to, is that I love Spiritual Emphasis week, so far my college has brought some really good guest speakers. This time they brought a husband, father of eight children, pastor, professor and an entrepreneur. He is also a founder and pastor of the Hub University church in Florida.

Day 1: Son/Daughter of God (Identity in Christ)
Day 2: Sanctification
Day 3: Purity

I learn so much this week and I am so happy that the Pastor Rivera came to talk to us. It is so important for us Christians to know who we are in Christ and that we can trust God. For me it can be so hard to let go and let God do what he will. It's so hard to trust, but its God, he will never hurt me and I see that now. I always hear him say "trust me, I want hurt you" but I don't listen. But I changing my ways and I am going to trust God with everything (my hope, dreams, desires, fears, secrets, pains etc.). Since I am saved I don't have to continue in my old ways, I must turn from my sin and choose God. I’m not a slave to my sin. It is God who sanctifies us, as it says in 1 Thess. 5:23-24, "Now may the God of peace Himself sanctify you completely; and may your whole spirit, soul, and body be preserved blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. He who calls you is faithful, who also will do it." It is a process that we as Christians go through. I love the analogy of holding on to the "fake peals" which is that we hold to our old ways but God want to give us something better and that is Him. So true because I know I can be so afraid to let something’s go but I must trust God that everything will be okay. I learn something the 1st is that we must leave our life of sin, 2nd we must cleft on to God and the things of God, and 3rd is receive from what God want to do.

This week has cause to reflect on a lot of things going on in me and around me. I am ready to trust God with everything and know that He is God and he know what's best for me. My God is faithful and I want him to take control over my life and lead me.

Comments

Hey Yall... said…
Asia,
I am glad you campus does this. Awesome. I am glad the Lord used that time to teach you and help you to depend on him more. God Bless
-lisa

Popular posts from this blog

Godly Women From the Past (Gladys Aylward Part 2)

Journal Entry #21 My fear...