Hospitality

I’ve been thinking a lot about hospitality and wanting to have a heart of hospitality. I was reading a story in a book that I am reading Raising Maidens of Virtue by Stacy McDonald, in which friends travel to visit the Millers. As soon as the Millers open their door they were ushered in by a loving family. I loved how the book describe the Millers house as “warm, cozy, and without a word, we somehow knew we were welcome”. I thought it was awesome to know they the Millers made their guess feel welcome. I hardly see that kind of hospitality but after reading this story I know want to always make people feel welcome. I think showing hospitality to others will “exemplify the Gospel in a living way” and will “communicate the scriptural directive of putting others before ourselves”. I pray that I will have a heart that love to serve others.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Godly Women From the Past (Gladys Aylward Part 2)

Journal Entry #14 - Free me up, from the Fear of Rejection

Malawi Mission Trip 2016