Taming the Tongue

Our God warns us about the power of the tongue:
A soft answer turns away wrath, But a harsh word stirs up anger. The tongue of the wise uses knowledge rightly, But the mouth of fools pours forth foolishness. Proverbs 15:1-2.

Even so the tongue is a little member and boasts great things. See how great a forest a little fire kindles! 6 And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity. The tongue is so set among our members that it defiles the whole body, and sets on fire the course of nature; and it is set on fire by hell. James 3:5-6.

I realize that I need to watch out for the things that come out of my mouth. There are times I have hurt people with my words and after I said the things I said I do not feel any better. I pray that the Lord will forgive for the mean things I have said and those I have hurt with my words to forgive me. I pray that there will be a guard over my lips. I want my talk to be to the glory of God and will edify those around me.

Comments

Terry said…
Yes, I think we can all use a reminder to watch not only the words that come out of our mouths, but the tone with which we use them. So thank you!

Popular posts from this blog

Godly Women From the Past (Gladys Aylward Part 2)

Journal Entry #21 My fear...