What Message Am I Sending?

I am learning that the clothes I wear sends a message to those around me. I use to want to wear reveling clothes because I wanted the attention from boys. You see, I was always the girl in the background and the only way I would get notice is by talking. I live in a world that tells us women that less clothes is better. Or even being a virgin, the world thinks that saving oneself for their future mate is a waste. But I am a Christian, I should not be of this world, I should conform to the image of Christ Jesus:

as obedient children, not conforming yourselves to the former lusts, as in your ignorance; 15 but as He who called you is holy, you also be holy in all your conduct, 16 because it is written, “Be holy, for I am holy.” 1 Peter 1:14-16

As a young Christian woman I want and should show other women what modesty is all about. I want to show others that virginity is a way of thinking, living and sate of being. I don’t need to show all of my skin to get attention and waiting for my husband is not a waste, when I am with him on that special day I don’t want to bring any baggage on that day.

The royal daughter is all glorious within the palace; Her clothing is woven with gold. Psalm 45:13

Comments

Terry said…
You are right on track with this one, Asia. It is a blessing to read how the Lord is shaping you in your youth.

Popular posts from this blog

Godly Women From the Past (Gladys Aylward Part 2)

Journal Entry #14 - Free me up, from the Fear of Rejection

Malawi Mission Trip 2016