Lies That I Have Been Told and Believed Part 1


I am reading "Lies Young Women Believe" by Nancy Leigh DeMoss and Dannah Gresh with my sister in Christ. Though we are only on the 2nd chapter of this book, it is such a good book and an eye opener.

I can still remember all the lies I was told and lies that I believe. The list below are the lies I believe:
  • I am ugly
  • People always leave
  • I will always be lonely
  • Got to have a guy
  • I am worthless
  • Life is better if I was dead
  • Unable to overcome certain sins
  • Being popular is everything
  • Have to be loud to get attention from guys
  • Tall and skinny is better then being short

Since I was in kindergarten I was depressed until I reach the age of 16 years old. I honestly hated everyday I woke up because I knew I would deal with my useless self and that I would be put down by the way I look. I could not look at myself in the mirror and it seem everyday I would come home crying. Even at times, being at some of my family members would make me feel I was useless and ugly. All I could see was this short, skinny, worthless, and a lonely person. I am happy to say that I don't feel like I am a worthless person because God came into my life and change me and help me with depression and later this week I will put up Part 2 of this post about the "truth" I have learn by seeking and reading the Lord Word.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Godly Women From the Past (Gladys Aylward Part 2)

Journal Entry #21 My fear...