Skip to main content

Pride

I was asked in a book I am reading How does pride manifest itself? How does God veiw it? What are the consequences of having a proud heart? I did my research in the Bible and found out:

  • The wicked in his proud countenance does not seek God; God is in none of his thoughts. -Psalm 10:4

  • Oh, love the LORD, all you His saints! For the LORD preserves the faithful, And fully repays the proud person. -Psalm 31:23

  • The fear of the LORD is to hate evil; Pride and arrogance and the evil way And the perverse mouth I hate. -Proverbs 8:13

  • When pride comes, then comes shame; But with the humble is wisdom. -Proverbs 11:2

  • Pride goes before destruction, And a haughty spirit before a fall. Proverbs 16:18

  • A man’s pride will bring him low, But the humble in spirit will retain honor. Proverbs 29:23

  • The pride of your heart has deceived you, You who dwell in the clefts of the rock, Whose habitation is high; Youwho say in your heart, ‘Who will bring me down to the ground? -Obadiah 1:3

  • And whoever exalts himself will be humbled, and he who humbles himself will be exalted. -Matthew 23:12

  • But He gives more grace. Therefore He says: “ God resists the proud, But gives grace to the humble." -James 4:6


  • The proud heart is the thing that blinds us about our true spirtual condition, we start to think higly of ourselves. It is pride that will distance us from God.

    Comments

    Terry said…
    So true, young sister. So true.

    Popular posts from this blog

    Godly Women From the Past (Gladys Aylward Part 2)

    Quotes from Gladys Aylward
    "I wasn't God's first choice for what I've done for China…I don't know who it was…It must have been a man…a well-educated man. I don't know what happened. Perhaps he died. Perhaps he wasn't willing…and God looked down…and saw Gladys Aylward…And God said - "Well, she's willing."
    “If God has called you to China or any other place and you are sure in your own heart, let nothing deter you….Remember, it is God who has called you and it is the same as when He
    called Moses or Samuel.”

    "My heart is full of praise that one so insignificant, uneducated, and ordinary in every way could be used to His glory for the blessing of His people in poor persecuted China."

    Malawi Mission Trip 2016

    Its been two weeks since I have been back in America after being in Africa. I was able to go on a mission trip to Malawi. Since being back, I am still speechless. I can't find the words to explain my experience of being in Africa. The land is beautiful. The people are beautiful. The food is amazing. Some of the things I can take away from being in Malawi:

    1) To be grateful. There were days that we went without running water (could not take showers). I thought to myself that the Malawi people go through this all the time and I still see them praising God. 2) To Pray, Worship and Rejoice always. I need to make up my mind daily to not let the world fill me up. I saw people walking for hours to get to church and while in church service praising God. I need to daily sit at the Lords feet and be with Him praying.  3) I can live without social media. During the trip we did not have much internet and we were okay. Since being home, I have found myself sitting in silence and meditating on …

    Journal Entry #14 - Free me up, from the Fear of Rejection

    Abba I pray for peace in my heart and mind. I no longer want to believe in the lies that I am worthless, ugly, and slow. I need (want) you to remind me of who I am in you. When I look at my past I see a girl that has been hurt. A girl that was lonely and invisible. Show me Your love for me. Show me that I belong to you
     3.10.2010

    The pain from being rejected still haunts me. My mind is filled with memories of being rejected. There were many times I was called ugly, monkey, slow, made fun of because of my weight and height, I notice that sometimes I would isolate myself from others because I was afraid of being rejected by my peers. What others thought of me, consumed me. I placed more value on what others have said and thought about me then what God says about me, as his child. The Lord has shown me His love and everyday I am learning to lay down the fear of rejection.

    Scriptures:
    1 Peter 2:99 But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for his own possession, t…