Skip to main content

Back to College!!!!

I just want to first start off this post just thanking God, for another school year and helping my mom pay for college. Today was the first day of classes and it was so exciting. I am a Social Work major so I am taking Intro into Social Work Profession also including, Spanish, New Testament, Info. Literacy, World Civ. 2, and Human Biology. I am so excited about Spanish and NT.


An interesting thing happen today in my New Testament class, we talk about 1Tim 2:16 (I do not permit a woman to teach or to have authority over a man; she must be silent.) And MAN!!!, I must say you should have seen the faces of the girls and heard the response from them. They were surprise that the Bible would say that women cannot teach (pastor) in the church or even have authority over men. But I kind of knew that people in my class would respond the way they did because many of those ladies don't know the roles God has given us as women. So many people look at that verse and say "well that verse is old". But I differ with that comment. I know what God calls His women to be and in saying that I see NOTHING WRONG with me as a wife and mother (soon too be, God willing) staying home teaching my children and being a helper to my husband. I ABSOLUTELY love my role as a woman. What an honor!!!!



Here is the sunrise outside my window the morning (nothing like waking up early to spend time with the Lord and looking outside seeing a beautiful sunrise.



Side Note: I am so sorry that I have not been updating my blog, please forgive me. Look forward for the following:
"Godly Women from The Past" post to come (3 post to go!!!)
Legacy Conference
Marriage and Having a Family




Comments

Eve said…
I LOVE your perspective, Asia! It's not about what "women can't do," it's about the amazing role God HAS given women ... a role without which whole societies are in trouble!

Oh, and the sunrise is gorgeous! God is glorious!

G&P,

Eva
What a beautiful blog. Oh boy wait to your uncle Tiger and Aunt Brenda reads this blog what a conversation they will have. I Love You; I wish I could have seen that sun rise with you. Have a great time at School.
Love Always,
Mom
Meredith Ivy said…
Great thoughts, Asia. I agree completely. I hope your first semester back at school goes very well!
:)De said…
May God richly bless your upcoming school year. I got my first BA in Social Work and loved, loved, loved the courses for that degree.
BTW...found you over at "He Ya'll" and thought I would drop by. Nice to "meet" you.

Peace,
:)De
Anonymous said…
Ha Ha there faces where probably all of the expressions of DOH!..LOL Praise God for opening our eyes to the truth! chea'


chaka

Popular posts from this blog

Godly Women From the Past (Gladys Aylward Part 2)

Quotes from Gladys Aylward
"I wasn't God's first choice for what I've done for China…I don't know who it was…It must have been a man…a well-educated man. I don't know what happened. Perhaps he died. Perhaps he wasn't willing…and God looked down…and saw Gladys Aylward…And God said - "Well, she's willing."
“If God has called you to China or any other place and you are sure in your own heart, let nothing deter you….Remember, it is God who has called you and it is the same as when He
called Moses or Samuel.”

"My heart is full of praise that one so insignificant, uneducated, and ordinary in every way could be used to His glory for the blessing of His people in poor persecuted China."

Malawi Mission Trip 2016

Its been two weeks since I have been back in America after being in Africa. I was able to go on a mission trip to Malawi. Since being back, I am still speechless. I can't find the words to explain my experience of being in Africa. The land is beautiful. The people are beautiful. The food is amazing. Some of the things I can take away from being in Malawi:

1) To be grateful. There were days that we went without running water (could not take showers). I thought to myself that the Malawi people go through this all the time and I still see them praising God. 2) To Pray, Worship and Rejoice always. I need to make up my mind daily to not let the world fill me up. I saw people walking for hours to get to church and while in church service praising God. I need to daily sit at the Lords feet and be with Him praying.  3) I can live without social media. During the trip we did not have much internet and we were okay. Since being home, I have found myself sitting in silence and meditating on …

Journal Entry #14 - Free me up, from the Fear of Rejection

Abba I pray for peace in my heart and mind. I no longer want to believe in the lies that I am worthless, ugly, and slow. I need (want) you to remind me of who I am in you. When I look at my past I see a girl that has been hurt. A girl that was lonely and invisible. Show me Your love for me. Show me that I belong to you
 3.10.2010

The pain from being rejected still haunts me. My mind is filled with memories of being rejected. There were many times I was called ugly, monkey, slow, made fun of because of my weight and height, I notice that sometimes I would isolate myself from others because I was afraid of being rejected by my peers. What others thought of me, consumed me. I placed more value on what others have said and thought about me then what God says about me, as his child. The Lord has shown me His love and everyday I am learning to lay down the fear of rejection.

Scriptures:
1 Peter 2:99 But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for his own possession, t…