Random Picture


Me and my cousin in GA for Thanksgiving. She is so cute and a sweet little girl.

Comments

Kysha said…
She is a cutie!

In response to your homeschooling question, I read and researched a LOT before starting homeschooling but there is one book that I found after I started but wish I had read it in the beginning, The Well Trained Mind. I suggest you start with that one and Cathy Duffy's 100 Top Picks for Curriculum is great also. It not only lists great curriculum reviews, although I DO think it needs updating in the curriculum suggestions since there have been so many new releases since its print, it also lists great information about learning styles.

The Lord placed homeschooling on my heart when my oldest was in K but I didn't know any homeschoolers nor did I have a computer with internet so it was until 8th grade that we made the move and brought him home for 9th grade along with the rest of our children who were in 2nd and 1st. It can be done. I also suggest you check out Homeschool Legal Defense Association (hslda.org) and join as well. Their site has great info regarding state laws and resources. Some local homeschool groups in your state are listed there also and you can find great support in a homeschool group.

Another note, if this is what the Lord is calling you to do, He will equip and enable you to do it. You will have good days and bad days but stick with it. It is a learning process for you just as much as it is for your children. And don't EVER listen to naysayers! God didn't call them so they can't understand the vision. You know what's best for your children. Don't ever doubt it.

I hope this helps.
Thanks for visiting my blog.

Blessings to you.

Popular posts from this blog

Godly Women From the Past (Gladys Aylward Part 2)

Journal Entry #21 My fear...