Reflection from Godly Women from the Past Posts

When I was younger I use to want to be a beautiful woman, for anyone to like me, and to be tall. In school I was made fun of for being short, called ugly in my face, and till this day I can remember running to the bathroom crying and asking God why He made me? Why no one like me? I hated to go outside because I felt I was not worthy and very ugly. I hated to look in the mirror, I can still remember avoiding mirrors so I could not look at myself. I was very depressed.

But, God save me and show me His love. I use to desire to be like the models or the girls that got all the attention. Now my desire is to be made and transform into a godly woman. When I did the posts on Godly Women From the Past, I learned so much.

I did my research on Gladys Aylward, Amy Carmichael, Mary Slessor, and Susanna Wesley and from each women I saw godly virtues that I hope to emulate. While reading about their lives I have realized these women had their days of struggles but trusted God and followed Him.


Gladys Aylward (missionary in China), I loved the words of Ms. Aylward in saying "If God has called you to China or any other place and you are sure in your own heart, let nothing deter you." So many times I let what others say about me in what I can't do, and put in my mind that I will never be anything. But I know as long as I have Jesus I can do all things through HIM. I am here to bring glory to HIS name not myself or others.

Amy Carmichael, When I read about how Carmichael wanted to change her eye colour from brown to blue, I knew I could relate to her in wanting to change something about myself. I wanted to be taller and more outgoing. I am fearfully and wonderfully made. I am His daughter and He loves me. I loved how she started a prayer group with young working girls. I love kids and want to reach out to them. To show them the love of Christ.

Mary Slessor (missionary in Africa), I could see by the words of Ms. Slessor that she loved God and wanted to to reach to the people of Africa and wanted to present the gospel to them. I loved how she did not just run into a relationship with a man but first took it up with God. It is so easy for many women to run into the hands of a man because he interested in them, because he called them pretty or even kissed them. With this story, made me realize to put God first in everything. To wait patiently the man of God, the Lord will have for me.

Susanna Wesley, was a wife and a mother of 19 children. I was amazed how she raised her kids. Today people see kids as a cursed. I loved her strength in raising her kids when her husband was absent. She home schooled all of her children, she took the time to get to know each child individually, taught them about the Lord. I pray one day to have the opportunity to be a godly wife to my husband and a godly mother. To teach the children I will have about the Lord. To grow them in a godly home and to bring glory to God's name.

http://jbraggs.blogspot.com/search/label/Biblical%20Womenhood

Comments

Meredith Ivy said…
This is such a great post, Asia! I just love your research on the godly women from the past. :)
Asia said…
Thanks so much. I am so glad that I did this research. I have learn so much and it great to learn about the godly women before us
chaka said…
This is a dope post asia! Beauty is fleeing but a woman who fears the Lord is worthy to be praised. I am glad that the Lord has giving you His perspective. I pray that you live it out and share it with others. love ya.
Natalie said…
As the mom of five lovely young girls, I just want to encourage you as you follow the Lord. May He richly reward you for your obedience in living a life of purity.

These women are great examples, you might want to research Perpetua and Blandina. Their stories give me great encouragement.
Rachel M. said…
Oh, how I still struggle with this nearly everyday! You've just told us of godly women who are inspiration to you, but I want you to know that I think of you often and that you are pure inspiration to ME, sis. I love your humility and desire to die to self fully. Praise the Lord. Love you.

Popular posts from this blog

Godly Women From the Past (Gladys Aylward Part 2)

Journal Entry #21 My fear...

Journal Entry #14 - Free me up, from the Fear of Rejection