Finish With My Second Year of College!!!!!


I can't believe it is May already and that I am done with my second year in college. Time is going so fast and I just want time to slow down. I am out of school for this summer and I am going to try to keep my blog up to date. So much has happen since the last time I wrote on my blog. The Lord is Faithful and have been gracious to me. He is teaching me so much and it just feels great to be connected to God and have a relationship with Him. I got two summer jobs, one is working in the registrar office and the other is being a mentor for the summer both academically and spiritually. I'll be honest when I first heard about these jobs, I did not want to apply because I was afraid. I knew that I would have to come out my shell and be around people more and to be open. I want to get out my shell and to do things I would never do but I was afraid. I want to be challenge in the areas of talking to people and being around the brothers and sisters in the Faith. I am a very shy person and can be very quiet at times, and I would isolate myself from everyone. But I am learning that it is important for me to build relationships with my brothers and sisters in the Faith. I need to be around them sometimes, I need to stop putting up a wall and let people into my life. I am still in the process of learning and I am ready for what God wants to teach me or bring to my attention. I know whenever I become a social worker that I will have to speak up for the children that are being abused and I can't do that while always being in the back. I am praying that the Lord will give me confidence and boldness to engage in conversations with people and to let people into my life. I am praying that He will give me the strength to be able to pour into my mentees this summer, that it might glorify the Lord's name.


I am also learning to trust in the Lord and to keep praying. So many times I can be praying for something and want to give up. I know the Lord want me to trust Him and to keep praying. I can't do anything on my own it is in Him, that I am strong. I feel so weak at times with school and who I am. I am learning to lean on God and continue to seek His face. I have nothing to worry about, I am His child and He cares for me. I am praying that I will trust in the Lord and that He would direct my path. As a young woman that I would fall deeply in love with Christ, to trust, and to walk in obedience to His Word.


Comments

Congratulations, Asia.

Hang in there and continue to trust God.
Meredith Ivy said…
Yay, a post!!! :)

Congratulations with finishing your second year of college!

I will be praying that God will help you to come out of your shell as you begin these new jobs. I too am shy so I know exactly what you mean. It's an area I am working on too.

Popular posts from this blog

Godly Women From the Past (Gladys Aylward Part 2)

Journal Entry #14 - Free me up, from the Fear of Rejection

Malawi Mission Trip 2016