Father of the Fatherless

My father died when I was eight years old and I still miss him. I wish that he was here with me so I could spend time with him. I have a lot of memories of him, but there is still a part of me that wish I had more time with him. If he was here maybe, I could have father and daughter dates with him. I wish that I could remember the sound of his voice. I wish he was there to protect me like fathers protect their daughters. I could go on and on about what I "wish" because I love him. But now, I run to God as my Father. I pray that God will comfort me in my pain. I just want to have the experience of having a father in my life.


Psalm 68:5 (New King James Version)

5 A father of the fatherless, a defender of widows,
Is God in His holy habitation.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Godly Women From the Past (Gladys Aylward Part 2)

Journal Entry #21 My fear...

Journal Entry #14 - Free me up, from the Fear of Rejection