Reflecting on Trusting

One thing I have came to realize was that I am not quick to trust people. I am sometimes closed off from people. Childhood experiences have taught me that I could not trust in anyone. I became a "worry" person, to the point I could not sleep and I feared everything. I worried about the future, and did not enjoy the present. I'd worried about the payment of school tuition, worried about family, friends, or where I would be in the next five years. When I worried it had a big affect on my body, I started to shake, have headaches and would not eat much. I needed to know and understand everything that would happen in my life. I wanted control; thinking I could do everything myself.

While in school, I realized that I did not trust God about my future. I wanted to have control. But, God is all-knowing and He knows what is best for me.  I don't believe that God would ever lead me or His children  to anything that is not good or hurtful. He does not make any mistakes and because He loves us, he will take care of us. So I pray for myself and others who might struggle in the area of "trusting", that we will surrender all to God and depend on the God who is all-knowing, who cares for us and the One that even holds our last breathe.


Encouraging Bible Verses:

Trust in:
-God everlasting strength: Trust in the LORD forever,
 For in YAH, the LORD,
 is everlasting strength. ~Isaiah 26:4

-God's goodness: The LORD is good,
A stronghold in the day of trouble;
And He knows those who trust in Him. ~Nahum 1:7

-God's lovingkindness: How precious is Your lovingkindness, O God!
Therefore the children of men put their trust under the shadow of Your wings. ~Psalm 36:7

-God's cares for us: casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you. ~1 Peter 5:7

-Should be whole heart: Trust in the LORD with all your heart,
And lean not on your own understanding; ~Proverbs 3:5

Trust Not in:

-Ourselves: Yes, we had the sentence of death in ourselves, that we should not trust in ourselves but in God who raises the dead, ~2 Corinthians 1:9

-Carnal Weapons: For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal but mighty in God for pulling down strongholds ~2 Corinthians 10:4


Quotes on Trust:


We have to trust what we cannot see. It's that faith that pleases God. Do you want to please God with your life? Then God will put you in circumstances where you cannot see the outcome. You cannot see the reason. It makes no sense. You've just got to trust. A trusting heart will ultimately be a contented heart.  ~Revive Our Hearts "A Trusting Heart"


It is a glorious thing to know that your Father God makes no mistakes in directing or permitting that which crosses the path of your life. It is the glory of God to conceal a matter. It is our glory to trust Him, no matter what.  ~Joni Eareckson Tada

Faith isn't the ability to believe long and far into the misty future.
It's simply taking God at His Word and taking the next step.
~ Joni Erickson Tada

God is God. Because He is God, He is worthy of my trust and obedience. I will find rest nowhere but in His holy will, a will that is unspeakably beyond my largest notions of what He is up to. ~Elisabeth Elliot

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Godly Women From the Past (Gladys Aylward Part 2)

Journal Entry #21 My fear...

Journal Entry #14 - Free me up, from the Fear of Rejection