Intimacy With God

When I think of "intimacy with God," I think of a relationship in which I am able to be vulnerable and to be open in communication with God. I also think of the Trinity: Father, Son and Holy Spirit. I believe that the Trinity is a great model to intimacy.

I also think that intimacy with God is a privilege. When man sin against God, there was a separation between us and God. We were seen as an enemy to God, But because of Christ sacrifice, we are now able to stand before God and be in fellowship with Him. Since we have this privilege and a gift, we should have a relationship with God. We are after all created to know Him, so we should get to know Him.

I would encourage that we not neglect the One, who created us and formed us in His image. God longs for us to be in relationship with Him. I know how life can distract us and and how quickly we can get busy, pray that we don't let our "busyness" get in the way of having a relationship with God.

Quotes

Consider Jesus. Know Jesus. Learn what kind of Person it is you say you trust and love and worship. Soak in the shadow of Jesus. Saturate your soul with the ways of Jesus. Watch Him. Listen to Him. Stand in awe of Him. Let Him overwhelm you with the way He is. --John Piper
God desires and is pleased to communicate with us through the avenues of our minds, our wills, and our emotions. The continuous and unembarrassed interchange of love and thought between God and the souls of the redeemed men and women is the throbbing heart of the New Testament. --A. W. Tozer


Knowing God is more than knowing about Him; it is a matter of dealing with Him as He opens up to you, and being dealt with by Him as He takes knowledge of you. Knowing about Him is a necessary precondition of trusting in Him, but the width of our knowledge about Him is no gauge of our knowledge of Him. --James I (J. I.) Packer


What were we made for? To know God. What aim should we have in life? To know God. What is the eternal life that Jesus gives? To know God. What is the best thing in life? To know God. What in humans gives God most pleasure? Knowledge of himself. --James I (J. I.) Packer

Comments

Alicia said…
This was a wonderful post! I was blessed reading this.

Popular posts from this blog

Godly Women From the Past (Gladys Aylward Part 2)

Journal Entry #21 My fear...

Journal Entry #14 - Free me up, from the Fear of Rejection