True Woman Movement--Chapter One

 Pastor John Piper states in the book that:

“Wimpy theology makes wimpy women . . . .
Wimpy theology simply does not give a woman a God who is big enough,
strong enough, wise enough, and good enough to handle the realities of life
in a way that magnifies the infinite worth of Jesus Christ.” “plagued by woman-centeredness and mancenteredness.”  pg.19

Question: "Would your theology most accurately be described as “wimpy” or “God-centered”?

When we don't know our God for ourselves, we can be very easy to be swayed by what others say about the Word of God. When we don't remind ourselves of who He is, it can be easy to forget how powerful and merciful our God is. I have this urge to know my God for myself and learn all that I can about the God I serve. Everyone has their view of who God is and what He can do, but when we read the Word of God, there is no mistaking in who He is.

The Word of God is our guide, the Word gives life, the Word give instruction and the Word convicts us. As a young woman, I am surrounded by people, television and magazines that gives advice on how I should live. I don't want to follow the ways of this world, but follow God's Word and what He requires from His woman. The world might say beauty is blue eyes, long blonde  hair, tall and skinny. I want to let God define beauty and who I am in Him. I would encourage Christian ladies, to not let the world define beauty for them but let God. (1 Peter 3:3-4, Proverbs 31:30). 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Godly Women From the Past (Gladys Aylward Part 2)

Journal Entry #14 - Free me up, from the Fear of Rejection

Malawi Mission Trip 2016