Deeper Life Series

Taken by me. Fall 2010
Every Fall semester, my college has what they call "Deeper Life Series." A speaker comes in and preach on a particular topic.Charles O. Galbreath is from a Brooklyn, NY church and he talk about fear. I feel like "fear" and "anxiety" were my best friends or should I say my worst enemies? I would let worries and thoughts fill my head of "what ifs" or "this will never work out".  At time I could  feel my heart pounding as I thought on "things" like not being good enough for a job, getting through another semester, an exam, or my grades, sickness in my family. I could go on forever, I had a lot on my mind that could go wrong or has gone wrong in my life. Every time and I mean every time, I worry I had an headache that I could not get rid of.

I do feel as Christians or people in general, when we continue through life, we start to change if allow "transformation" to take place. I have notice in my life that a lot has change within myself. I don't allow fear to control me. I honesty think, I fear and worry because I wanted to badly to know the future and because I did not know the "ending" of how I would get out of a situation, I over exaggerate. When I let control take over, I quickly forget the God I serve, the God that saved me. My God is able, powerful and there is none life Him. I don't have to worry or fear the future or the situation I am in. 

Bible Verse:


fear not, for I am with you;
be not dismayed, for I am your God;
I will strengthen you, I will help you,
I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

(Isaiah 41:10 ESV)


Comments

Marilyn said…
Asia, I love that verse :)) This is an inspiring and deep post..I also LOVE ur fall photo..:))
Mrs. Pancakes said…
I love this post because I think fear is such a pervasive part of my life sometimes I am constantly working on it..and remembering who my Father is and what He can do for me:-) thanks for the post:-)
Great post. thank you for sharing
Melissa said…
I too am a Christian and I too struggle with worry an anxiety. It is tough, but I am starting to worry less. But you're right, for me it was about the unknown, the future. But with Christ's help, I am overcoming this. Maybe not all at once, but slowly and surely, I am.
jen said…
First time I stumbled upon your blog and I loved it. Thank you for the inspiration. :)

Jen
www.mannaforjenny.org

Popular posts from this blog

Godly Women From the Past (Gladys Aylward Part 2)

Journal Entry #14 - Free me up, from the Fear of Rejection

Malawi Mission Trip 2016