Journal Entry #15 Lord, Stand in the Place of my Dad...

Abba Father, as You know I wrote a letter to my dad and I can't lie I miss him. I wish I had more time with him. I wonder what he could have taught me? I wonder if he would give me away when I'm married? I wonder who would protect me? Protect me from guys? This night I'm hurt as I think about him. I know that You are my Father and I pray that You would stand in the place of my father. Please teach me as a father would teach his daughter.


4/4/10


I really struggled with the death of my dad. I was eight years old when he died of cancer.  I thought about him a lot. I would wonder who would teach me lessons about life or teach me how men are to treat me? I wonder who would protect me? But, I am glad to look to God as my Father. God has been my protector, provider, my friend, my strength, my resting place.

Father...

Provider
Matt. 6:26
Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they?

Comforter
 2 Corinthians 1:3-4  
All praise to God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. God is our merciful Father and the source of all comfort.  He comforts us in all our troubles so that we can comfort others. When they are troubled, we will be able to give them the same comfort God has given us.

Loves Us
 John 16:27
for the Father himself loves you dearly because you love me and believe that I came from God.[a]
1 John 3:1
See how very much our Father loves us, for he calls us his children, and that is what we are! But the people who belong to this world don’t recognize that we are God’s children because they don’t know him.

Compassionate
Psalm 103:13
The Lord is like a father to his children, tender and compassionate to those who fear him.

Corrects Us
Hebrew 12:6
For the Lord disciplines the one he loves, and chastises every son whom he receives.”

Guides Us
Proverbs 3:6

Seek his will in all you do, and he will show you which path to take.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Godly Women From the Past (Gladys Aylward Part 2)

Journal Entry #21 My fear...

Journal Entry #14 - Free me up, from the Fear of Rejection