Journal Entry # 17: Okay Lord, What is Next?

Abba, I ask myself what is next for me? Today at church I am reminded that I need to trust in You. I do not need to know every detail of my future; the why, when, how, or what, I just need to trust You, but I am struggling. I am getting closer to graduating. A lot has happened this semester that did not go the way I expected. I ask that You encourage me about the future. Abba direct my steps as You may. Help me to live in the now and to let tomorrow worry about itself. You will carry me through this life. 
9/26/2010

I am a control freak. I want to know everything that will happen before it happens. For some reason, I do not like to be surprised. I am learning to take one day at a time. It is God who will direct my steps.  I rest knowing that I do not need to know everything. This is a journey. I take comfort in knowing that before I was born, God knew everything. He is involved in every detail of my life. This morning I was encouraged by Psalms 32:8 "The Lord says, I will guide you along the best pathway for your life. I will advise you and watch over you. I had to keep saying this verse over and over again. There are those moments when I tend to get nervous about what will happen next for me but I am learning to use God's word. I need His truth.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Godly Women From the Past (Gladys Aylward Part 2)

Malawi Mission Trip 2016

Journal Entry #14 - Free me up, from the Fear of Rejection