Journal Entry #20: What kind of woman will I be?


Abba, I want to know what a woman of God is? I want to know what kind of woman I will be. I sometimes fear not much... I have a desire to be used by You. I want to be a woman of God that loves You and reverence Your name. I pray that You will grow me, teach me, purify me and guide me however You choose.                                                                                                               11/24/2010


I did not grow up in a Christian home. I do not grow up around godly women. I instead saw and knew what the world says a woman should be. I remember indirectly being told women are to be loud, put men down, and independent.

The woman I pray to be:

Speak wise and encouraging words

 Don’t use foul or abusive language. Let everything you say be good and helpful, so that your words will be an encouragement to those who hear them.
Eph. 4:29 NLT

Let your conversation be gracious and attractive so that you will have the right response for everyone.
Col. 4:6 NLT

Trust in the Lord


This I declare about the LordHe alone is my refuge, my place of safety; he is my God, and I trust him.
Ps. 91:2 NLT

Love Others
So now I am giving you a new commandment: Love each other. Just as I have loved you, you should love each other.
John 13:34 NLT

 Don’t be selfish; don’t try to impress others. Be humble, thinking of others as better than yourselves. Don’t look out only for your own interests, but take an interest in others, too.
Phil. 2:3-4 NLT

Praying Woman

Pray in the Spirit at all times and on every occasion. Stay alert and be persistent in your prayers for all believers everywhere
Eph. 6:18

May my prayer be set before you like incense; may the lifting up of my hands be like the evening sacrifice.
Ps. 141:2
Obedient to God
But he said, “Blessed rather are those who hear the word of God and keep it!”
Luke 11:28 ESV

Servant

Let a man regard us in this manner, as servants of Christ and stewards of the mysteries of God.
1 Corinthians 4:1






Walk in the Spirit
Do not let sin control the way you live;[a] do not give in to sinful desires. Do not let any part of your body become an instrument of evil to serve sin. Instead, give yourselves completely to God, for you were dead, but now you have new life. So use your whole body as an instrument to do what is right for the glory of God.  Sin is no longer your master, for you no longer live under the requirements of the law. Instead, you live under the freedom of God’s grace.
Romans 6:12-14 NLT

So prepare your minds for action and exercise self-control. Put all your hope in the gracious salvation that will come to you when Jesus Christ is revealed to the world. So you must live as God’s obedient children. Don’t slip back into your old ways of living to satisfy your own desires. You didn’t know any better then.  But now you must be holy in everything you do, just as God who chose you is holy. For the Scriptures say, “You must be holy because I am holy.
1 Peter 1:13-16

Knows God's Word
Study this Book of Instruction continually. Meditate on it day and night so you will be sure to obey everything written in it. Only then will you prosper and succeed in all you do.
Joshua 1:8

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Godly Women From the Past (Gladys Aylward Part 2)

Journal Entry #14 - Free me up, from the Fear of Rejection

Malawi Mission Trip 2016