Journal Entry #21 My fear...


Abba, I have seen abuse and just thinking about it scares me. I don't want to ever be in an abusive relationship. I honestly want to be blessed with a man of God, You have for me that will not hit me. I pray to be with someone who loves me as Christ loves the church...            
12/11/2010

I fear to be in an abusive relationship. I have noticed that whenever I hear someone raise their voice at me, my heart starts beating fast and I get nervous. I find myself hiding and running from confrontation. I wish I were never around abuse because it has shaped my view of men. As I continue to seek the Lord, he is changing my view of men. I have an understanding of how men and godly men should treat women. Some days are better than others, but I am trusting God with this fear.




What has happened in your past that has shaped your world view?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Godly Women From the Past (Gladys Aylward Part 2)

Journal Entry #14 - Free me up, from the Fear of Rejection

Malawi Mission Trip 2016